Harare News is offering a paid internship starting in January.
Working under our head designer Graham van de Ruit, the intern will be based at our offices in Eastlea. A basic monthly allowance will be provided.
Work will include, but is not limited to:
1. Assisting with the preparation of commercial adverts on behalf of our sales team and their clients
2. Editing images for web and print publishing
3. Assisting with the design of key internal and external documents such as rate cards, promotional materials, and reports
4. Helping in the development of graphics using various kinds of qualitative and quantitative information
The person chosen for this post will be hungry to grow and improve. If you do not have ALL of the below list, please do not apply:
1. Excellent attention to detail
2. Able to work under pressure and take criticism
3. Good communication skills
Show us what you can do!
Please complete the design challenge and answer the questions below. Send your artwork and response to email@example.com before 5pm, Sunday 20 December.
A new wedding venue has opened. Design a newspaper advert for them to the following spec:
129 × 97 mm (w × h), plus 3 mm bleed on all sides
Must contain the text:
Guinea Fowl Gardens
Scenic wedding venue in indigenous woodland
Weddings, conferences, parties
04 765 432 | 0771 234 567. firstname.lastname@example.org
Use at least one photograph from an online source with appropriate permission. (Provide a link to the image source.)
At least some of the text should be in plain black, overprinting. (ie imaging on the black plate only)
Provide a print-ready PDF and a web-ready jpeg.
Please answer the following questions:
1. What is one of your favourite fonts? Why?
2. Are there any designers you follow, or whose work you particularly like?
3. In your own words, why is design important?
4. What are some of the bad things you see designers in Zim doing regularly?
5. What would your dream job be?